Tumedei Gulf Rubber has over 40 years of experience in the design and production of thin membranes and diaphragms typically used for pressure switches of leading brand washing machines and dishwashers. New developments and new technologies have pushed the boundaries of precision rubber moulding and compounding. This has allowed the expansion of the functional range of current products, for example, sensors/switches, climate control and water level, with membranes consisting of soft compounds such as 30 Shore A (silicone, NBR, NR, SBR, EPDM) with low hysteresis, drift and of course, sensitivity.
Our membranes are 100% visually inspected and subsequently subjected to 100% mechanical verification, passing through a pressure/vacuum control unit, which is customised for the customer, for the verification of micro holes and potential leaks, ensuring products with ZERO defects.
Thanks to our composite moulding technology (from rubber to plastic), Tumedei also offers new solutions in which the rubber membrane (diaphragm body) is adhered to a plastic support plate or magnetic ferrite. This results in an improvement in the overall performance of sensors or switches (reduced delay movements -remove(ridotti movimenti di ritardo -togliere), also reducing assembly time and costs, inventory.
- Elastomer range: NR, SBR, NBR, EPDM, CR, silicone VMQ and others
- Material available from 40 to 80 Shore A but the usual applications require from 50 to 60 shore.
- Low hysteresis, drift or deviation and sensitivity of composites.
- Materials available with international certifications for drinking water. See “Materials” section.
- Under certain production conditions the hardness can be maintained between +/-3 shore A. However the normal hardness tolerance is usually +/-5 IRHD.
- Under certain production conditions the dimensional tolerances can be kept below the M1 class (ISO3302), specific applications for which we maintain a tolerance of convolution thickness of +/-0.025 mm.
- Ability to produce bonded membranes with metal and/or plastic inserts or plates
- Products vacuum tested 100%
- Home appliance industry
- Automotive industry
- Pneumatic valve industry
- Water management industry