Flow Regulators are used to control the flow rate of a fluid over a range of varying pressures.
Designs are based on plastic housings with openings to allow the flow of a fluid through the housing and a silicone rubber o-ring that reacts to the fluid pressure and progressively closes the openings as the fluid pressure increases.
Flow regulators can be designed to suit the client’s dimensional requirements and also to handle a wide range of conditions and flow rates.
Materials are available for both the housing and o-ring to handle many different fluids and temperatures from -30 C to 200 C.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Cost effective method for controlling fluid flow rate in a compact design
- Gulf Rubber can design and manufacture flow regulators to handle a wide range of fluids, pressures and temperatures.
- Gulf Rubber has in house development and testing facilities.
- Flow regulators can be moulded in wide range of engineering thermoplastics including Acetal, Nylon and Ultem. A variety of elastomers can be utilised for the reactive o-rings. Some of the more common materials are NBR, EPDM, silicone, fluorosilicone and Viton.
- Materials with a wide range of international potable water approvals including WRAS, WRC, BS6920 – UK, NSF 61-USA , ACS – France, KTW/DVGW – Germany and AS4020 Australia and NZ are available.
- In house compound development allows Gulf Rubber to design materials to optimise performance to suit particular client requirements.
- In house testing of key material properties for ultimate long term performance such as flow rate, cycle life, and reliability for the flow regulator
- In house testing to ensure optimum stress relaxation, heat ageing, fluid ageing, ozone and chloramines resistance for the o-rings